View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #41
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
Give the guy a break, the pipes were NOT his first choice, he wanted the factory pipes but they were far more expensive. I slightly remember the post back on KF when he had his factory pips stolen right off his bike.
He even mentioned that he is thinking about repacking them to try to quiet them down a bit.
I think he is just saying that since he ended up only being able to afford these pipes and they are loud, he has started to notice people paying a bit more attention to him.

I do NOT think loud pipes save lives and I do not like them on the street, however I will say that I DO notice bikes more easily with louder pipes sometimes. Maybe 10-20% of the time I will hear the bike, making me aware of it. But that's a small portion of the time and I don't think that making 10-20% of people more aware of you is worth the risk of making even more people pissed off at you.

I'm just saying give the guy a break, he isn't one of those kids that went out and purposely bought the loudest pipe he could find, he just got stuck with it for money issues.

edit-
Sorry, didn't realize that he didn't mention the cost of the pipes until his last post, guess I just remembered that back from his topic on KF. If I remember right, he really was trying hard to get factory pipes back on though.
Thanks man. Yeah being a student and getting screwed when someone stole my pipes were not in the brochure when i got the bike. The two bros were not only cheaper (TBR - $498, Yoshi - $535, Stockies - $899) they were also faster for me to get since they are made down the street from my dealership.

I owuld have loved to get stock pipes to preserve the look of the bike and for the chrome but when I heard the stockies cost more I was like alright Im gonna get the Two Bros.

I am gonna try repacking them this weekend just to lower it down a bit.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote