View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #86
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
maybe you didn't read what i wrote fully, there was noone in front of me, the car distance was how far the car was to the left of me that slammed on their brakes. there was also a wall to the right with no space to escape. getting to the far right of the right lane (where i was) and braking seemed to be the only option and i was still hit when the car to my left cranked the wheel to the right. maybe you can revise your suggestion on how you would have avoided it? maybe you might suggest if i was full gun off the line and maintained myself in front? the road conditions there weren't really appropriate, not the best asphalt so i'm not sure that would be a good idea.

Those were your words:
Quote:
i was behind him by about a car length
Does that mean there were no car in front of you?
Are you changing your story as you go?
Are you sure you were in the right state of mind to remember everything that happened?
Maybe you should just post the police report here.

Quote:
one more question which i'm not sure has been answered, how much gear do you wear? i'm not talking about a sandwich run, but when going cross country for example.
How much gear I wear depends on the ride that I'm doing, coast to coast ride that is non-stop will require different gear than taking my time visiting friends & family.

Quote:
no kidding. it was an extreme circumstance. allergic reaction caused me to throw up or heave about every few minutes which made it impossible for me to keep anything down, not to mention water (which i did try to drink) and no doctors (which means no possibility of IVs) around until we got back.
Sounds like you don't know your body very well and allowed yourself to become in contact with whatever you're allergic to.

Quote:
"a", i guess what i'm trying to say here is that when you make comments like "gear is optional" and "gear makes people more willing to take risks" it sounds like you're encouraging people to ride without gear. obviously you ride with gear. so it makes me wonder why you would encourage such a thing, if you actually are?
Is that your opinion or is that a fact?

I ride with gear when I feel the need to,

I ride without gear when I know I do not take unnecessary risks and be cautious of my surroundings.

I don't advocate riding without gear, but I don't badger people who make their choice not to wear gear neither.

I don't like self-righteous people who think their way is the only way.

I state what I do, what works for me and let people decide for themselves what they should do.

Quote:
like you agreed with, you can't prevent all accidents, so why would you say it's ok to take the chance of losing your skin when you can prevent it? if that's not what you're saying, what are you saying? please, enlighten us.
I never said I could prevent all accident, that's the last draw; you're on the ignore list now.