View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:27 AM   #5
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
These things have interested me, largely because it'd make moving the bike around the shop in winter a lot easier. Would love to be able to simply spin the sucker at will and tuck it into a corner.

How stable? Just looking at it, seems like wrenching on things would be a bit iffy.

How much? I know the Bursigs are so costly it's prohibitive. I ask because the storefront has what appears to be multiple listings for the same stand, all of which have different prices ranging from $199 to $250. Also, is the bike-specific pin setup included in the price?
When I read your post I went outside and hung off the center of the bike while it was on the stand. It didn't deflect much (<0.5 in.) with my weight on it. There will be about an inch of deflection if you wiggle the whole assembly, but I don't imagine there are any maintenance tasks that require rocking the bike back and forth.

The SV Racing stand came out to be $250.95 in total. The Bursig stand is lighter and has bent square tubing for mounting the caster wheels rather than a section of plate. If I had the money, sure I'd buy it, but it seems to be a case of overengineering (or branding).

The stand is mobile, it's a pleasure to move. Just keep the floor clean to stop the casters from having trouble obviously. The mounting hardware specific to the 250 is included in the kit. It fits in the hole for the swingarm pivot and the empty plug above it.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote