View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #39
thsadmin
1986 GPZ Ninjette

Name: Jase

Motorcycle(s): 1986 GPZ Ninja

Quote:
I'm starting to rethink this (and thinking that I may have been on to something back in post 35). I'm seeing that our search engine ranking is actually going down over time, while our traffic, usage, and post activity continues to grow significantly each and every week. It looks like we're getting hit with the "duplicate content" penalty by Google, by having pretty much identical sites at 15+ different domains. At first I thought it was just that word ninjette perhaps wasn't the first search term that people would use when looking for 250's. But our keywords and meta tags, which are filled with things like "ninja 250", "kawasaki", "ninja", etc. should help take care of that. And our domains with the same top-notch content and domain names that do have more standard terms in them, are still way, way down on the search engine list if they appear at all.

So I expect I'll revert this at some point soon, and simply point all of these domains back to ninjette.org as the main domain, and stop submitting sitemaps for all of the others. Google ranking isn't everything, but a strong ranking certainly only helps us attract more ninja 250r fans to this site, and I don't want to be doing anything silly that's unnecessarily hurting that ranking.

Any SEO pros are welcome and encouraged to post up their thoughts here, I'd certainly appreciate any input.
I have been a webmaster for four years ... now I flip the occasional site, Why not find the most popular search terms for Ninja and / or Kawasaki and start getting articles, blog posts, forum topics or threads to match the search terms - obviously have the content here at Ninjette.

Then Digg, Stumble and get others (members) to start adding links on other forums, blogs, social networks or sites to this forum.

Even have some comp's to help gather/write/develop this content for Ninjette, with prizes, like coupons, products, discounts for the best work ?

If you need a hand to find popular Google searches I can help you.
thsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote