headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Yay!

Come on out and play with us.

Yep, the Kyburz Fire was 75 acres and 100% contained. http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4408/#

I'm about 3000 miles overdue, how about you?

YAY!! It'll be awesome to meet you!

I'm good with 8 am if that works for everyone else. Does anyone know a good restaurant place for breakfast?
8am in Placerville works for me too (Last meeting point mentioned was Shell station at hwy 50 & hwy 49). I'm excited about the current route. I've been on all these sections at one point or another (I think), and remember each section to be very good. It should have something for everyone across a range of skill levels.

For anyone still on a carbureted 250, I'm sorry. Unless you're jetted for altitude you should still be OK though for over 90%+ of the ride, but my old 250 always struggled at the passes. It's only a buzz-kill for a few minutes though.

I don't know of any restaurants in Volcano, but there are a number in Jackson, which would be on my way back home. Unless someone is "in the know," I don't mind playing it by ear. I'm sure everyone will have smart phones these days, and I'll have an old Garmin for backup (all good to find food).

About gear: is anyone bringing a pump or other form of air? I'll have a tire repair kit with me (reamer, rope, and glue).

Unless I'm in pain the day of, I plan on being there. If the ride is painful I may bail at Ice House, but if I get out of my seat enough on the first part I should have enough movement in my back/hips to be OK... it's all a balance - no pun intended. The first half should have plenty of opportunity to get off the seat and scrub those tires. If I do have to bail the morning of I'll leave a post here so no one is waiting.

EDIT: The guy I invited can't get off work for Saturday. I guess Sunday is his day off. Sunday is actually better for me too next week, but I can still make Saturday work.

Last futzed with by headshrink; August 2nd, 2015 at 12:28 PM.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote