View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:31 AM   #12
JohnnyH
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Johnny

Motorcycle(s): 1995 EX250,1978 XS650, 2008 FZ6, 1977 CB550f

Today I almost finished the top yoke. I have a bit of drilling, tapping and bead blasting to do, but other than that I'm really happy with it! Gotta love engineering schools, CNC = the cats PJ's. Anybody interested in the .SLDPRT files let me know.

As far as engine mounts go...
I will probably use the lower part of the frame from my donor MX bike (that I'm about to buy) so that I know the stock exhaust will fit. From there i'll mill out some new mounts, do some welding and eventually I think I'll get a pretty good fit.

Gearing-
I know I'll be pushing the limits of what rear sprockets are available for ninjas and what front sprockets are available for kx's, but I think I can get pretty close. At least they both run the same chain! Also, I don't plan on taking it above, say, 75 mph so I think shorter gearing will be okay for around town.

Tires-
What do you track guys run? I'll be sticking with the 110 and 130 16's, I just need sticky tires that don't necessarily have to wear well. I know the Avon scooter tires are cool looking, anybody ever run those?

Suspension-
Here is where I need plenty of info. What do you guys use? I think I'm going to install valve emulators and new springs, but as far as rear suspension swaps go, whats the inside scoop?

Thanks so much for your input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File Sep 01, 12 13 06 PM.jpg (68.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg File Sep 01, 12 13 45 PM.jpg (140.3 KB, 9 views)
JohnnyH is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.