View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2015, 05:30 PM   #18
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
plating custom 2smoke conversion bikes can be pretty easy, it really depends on the state you plan on plating it more than anything. Here in PA i could plate just about any bike with out much fuss, plating a homemade trailer or even a store bought trailer with out proper documentation on the other hand... forget it. lol

@kxpower? I would definitely go the sumo route with any 500cc 2t over throwing the engine in a sport bike frame. It is just so much easier and would be more rewarding fun wise. Those BB 2ts have a great hit with the stock short gearing which is what makes them so much fun doing what they do best and that is being hooligan machines. Put the motor in a much heavier frame it just wouldnt be quite the same and you would have to drop some different gears in the tranny to make it feel right in that kind of setup IMO Plus those motors alone even in not the best shape go for $1k+ all day long and most people think a whole bike is worth a small fortune when it is actually only worth the motor for the most part unless it is mint original. Parts can be tricky to find as well

Like someone else mentioned, a banshee motor is a much better option for a sport bike conversions. So much aftermarket stuff available for them and again like someone mentioned they are damn near identical to the rz350's of the mid 80's which means there are lots of parts available to make it comfortable on the street, gearing, tranny, ect... yet still has that 2t hit. Banshee motors can be had for around $1k give or take, even some built ones for a little more, they can be a little costly to build as you are buying double everything, pipes, carbs, reeds ect... ask me how i know

i am curious to what a 250 2t would feel like in a ninja?? they are great for dirtbikes, but the entire bike only weighs 210lbs add another 100 easy and i am not sure if it would still be the arm ripper they are in the dirtbike frame. + again the whole gearing thing, you would run through the gears really quick on any road. Even with a wr wide ratio tranny

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote