View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #172
fire
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r

I hope this thread isnt to old, but I am in need of some help. I had took apart both my front forks and replace the seals. After doing so I filled them and re-installed but I have no pressure? Did I not fill them correctly? I did everything like this write up says but I am not getting any pressure to keep the bike up it just bottoms out. How I installed the lower cylinder is as follows, the the small tapered cap where the bottom allen screw goes through at the very bottom with the tapered part pointing to the top. Next I put in about 2 inch spring on top of the tapered thing then the pin/ nail looking thing with the o ring/flat part towrds the top of the fork, then the bushing and washer of the upper cylinder then the oil ring, snap ring, dust seal, then installed, put the spring the washer then the collar/spacer thing in compressed the shock then filled with 12.2 oz of oil. installed the black piece at the very top with the circlip thing and there is no pressure in either shock. Have I installed some parts wrong? When I installed the the pieces into the lower cylinder the spring could move around freely between the bottom of the lower cylinder and the top of the tapered nail thing. I thought this was kinda odd but thats how it looks in the write up. Am I supposed to put the spring on the very top of the tapered nail looking think that screws into the bottom of the lower cylinder? I dunno Im lost and shock oil is expensive any help or advice would be very helpful. I have the service manual but it doesn't really describe in detail the parts and where they go in the lower cylinder.

Last futzed with by fire; February 16th, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add photo
fire is offline   Reply With Quote