View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #21
Jasmina
MephistopheleS

Name: Jasmina

Motorcycle(s): 1990 DR250SE (sold) 2005 Atomic (sold) 2008 CB125E (sold) 2009 Ninja 250r Sold :( 2017 Ninja 650 (current)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Before you decide that loud is automatically good, why not try a simple, no-cost experiment?

A GP exhaust is basically nothing more than a piece of pipe that's there to look good. It doesn't muffle the engine at all.

So why not take off your stock muffler and ride around for awhile to see if you (and everyone within a quarter mile of you) actually do like it? If it's all you hope it will be, go ahead and buy that GP exhaust.

The stock muffler is just bolted on. You can take it off without damaging anything in a couple of minutes. If you decide that unmuffled is not for you, you can just bolt it back on.

FYI, I had an AreaP QuietCore system and it was absolutely awesome. Louder than stock but not obnoxious, and sounded sexy as hell.
I will do that as soon as my bike returns from the mechanic.
If for some reason i dont like it,do you have a suggestion on any other muffler which can be fitted without the usage of rear foot rests?
I have this idea in my head to remove the pillion foot rests (because on my license i cant pillion anybody for a long time),put a rear seat cowl to achieve a more smoother look.At least it looks god in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Jasmina; have you heard of target fixation? It's a distraction that focuses your attention at the expense of whatever else you may or may not need to pay attention to. Are you familiar with the rate of accidents caused by rubberneckers distracted by whatever is going on other than their own driving. Now picture yourself in the middle of a sea of cagers all focusing on that gawd awful racket made by that jerk motorcyclist. Thier focus is on you instead of driving their cage!
Loud pipes do not save lives. They distract drivers and they inadvertently create haters of motorcycles that complain to the authorities and before you know it: new restrictions on motorcycles!
However if your kids are screaming; it will shut them up but can cause their ears to bleed!
That's an awesome idea minus the ears bleed
Aside from the joke,i understand what you are trying to say,and i do agree,the only problem here though is that nobody pays attention to motorcyclists,just yesterday when i was taking my bike to the mechanic i had a close call and almost connected with a ute while making a right hand turn on a t-intersection.My front wheel came few centimeters away from t-boning him,so i walked over to his window and asked him why did he pull out on me,im quoting his words here: "I 'kinda' didn't notice ya,sorry." ,these type of close calls,are becoming more and more frequent,because people here in Wollongong when they drive seem to be in some sort of lala land when driving,worrying more whether they gonna pick up their kids on time,or do their groceries on time,or just a general I'm the only wanker on the road,rather then pay attention to the road or other participants of the traffic.Highway patrol does fck all to monitor the back suburban roads,but they sure make sure they book you if you go 1 km p/hr over the speed limit.
Jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote