View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2017, 12:33 PM   #16
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Probably wouldn't learn much other than a few tricks, it's all nuts and bolts in the end.

The bulk of fixing up old 2 strokes or most any old dirt bikes is just stripping them down and cleaning them up. That is where 90% of my time is. Takes a while to clean off years of oil grime and crappy paint and sanding and polishing plastics if you are going to restore them. Then the the bulk of the other 10% of time is spent trying to figure out which used parts on ebay are actually correct and then find it at a decent price Wrenching on the bike is actually pretty quick and painless.

I'm waiting on a back order part for this to come in the mail and then it goes up for sale. I really like it but i could use the money right now.

I was keeping my eyes on a few cheap projects bikes for sale locally, one is an 85 yz250, i went and seen it already but for what the guy was asking it was a no brainer to walk away after seeing the poor thing and i didn't want to insult him with my offer. I noticed they dropped the price but i think someone might have snagged it as the new price was reasonable and i haven't seen the ad today.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote