Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:31 AM   #18
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Correct. Top Tier fuel is supported by BMW, GM, Honda, Toyota, VW and Audi. Which makes it good enough for my Ninja.

I didn't know Chevron gasoline contained Techron. Makes sense since Chevron manufactures Techron. I use it in my auto 2X/year and a few ounces my bike 1X/year. A friend of mine swears by the stuff.
I know additives are not a cure-all, or even a cure-very-many, but last year my chainsaw was showing signs of a dirty carb. It was hard to start, and I had to keep adjusting the mixture screws. When I got it out this year to cut some firewood, it was getting worse. I got a bottle of Techron and added a little to the fuel, ran the saw long enough to get the stuff into the carburetor, and let it sit overnight. The next day it started easily, and I had to close the mixture screws way down to their original settings. I used it to cut about six cords of wood and it ran flawlessly the whole time.

I absolutely don't expect it to work that way on every dirty carburetor, but that bottle was worth the price for the time and effort it saved me on that one job.
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote