View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2019, 12:23 PM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelnut1416 View Post
All,

Thank you for your help. As it turns out it was an issue with the carb. The left carb was 100% blocked. I didn't think that was the case as I just sent it off to be cleaned by my coworker who drag races.

I blew into the jets and couldn't get any air through the left jet. Soaked it in carb cleaner for an hour and the carb cleaner turned yellow. Still couldn't get air through it. Soaked it in pinesol over night and she's ready to go now.

Thank you all for your help!
Make sure you have removed the caps on the idle mixture screws and the screws themselves. Be sure the passages are clear and the o-ring on the screws is in good condition. Set the screws to 2.5 turns out as a base.

Remove the Pilot Jets and be certain the small cross-drilled holes are clear. Run a small soft wire through the Pilot Jets (and any other jets) and spin the jet while spraying with carb cleaner. Seeing light through a jet is not confirmation it's fully open.

"Bench sync" the carbs to get both butterflies the same amount open. Check it again when running with vacuum gauges, but they should be very close unless there is an issue.

Once it's warm, fine-tune the idle mixture screws (highest idle speed - then i like to go about 1/8 turn out/richer to smooth the throttle transition) and set the hot idle to 1300.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.