View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #15
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Don't lump all Chinese manufacturers into one pool! They make products to specifications and it's the U.S. importer that defines the specs. Many mass-produced auto-parts retail-stores will request the lowest specs possible to maximize profits and you end up with poor-quality parts.

It's like lumping all U.S. manufacturers into one group as well. There's an electric car-maker that's top-notch and a motorcycle-maker that leaks oil like mad. Can't look at this group and say that all U.S. made transportation is bad because they all leak oil!!!
I get what you're saying, but so much of this junk comes from our buddies out east (Japan and Taiwan make really good stuff in my experience, of course). Blanket statements like this are an effective way to make a purchasing decision, and not intended to hurt anyone's feelings.

I have a Thrunite flashlight. It's very well made. I love this flashlight. It's made in China. Sure, not everything made in china is junk, but if it's important to me not dying, like in the case of brake parts, I'll pay more money to have a better product.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote