Thread: Photography!
View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #105
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Lookin good. Like that you got low, but not too low. Great seeing that steering wheel. I see it was pretty much noon, but looks good for such harsh light and shadows. I assume you didn't have a flash with you :P

I do love that 35 1.8. I'm sure I said it before, but it's only only lens for my D40. One day I'll get an "all around" telephoto, like a 28-200 or whatever. But not yet, I'm having too much fun with film.

So yeah instead of buying any developing equipment this paycheck, I bought the mystery camera I mentioned. Next time I'll be getting a full setup. Will likely save my exposed film for when I do.

I went garage saling today, and picked up an Epson 4490. A fairly good, albeit old, film/negative scanner. Was going to buy the one model newer one off ebay for about $125, but this is just as good for 1/25th the price. Haven't tested it out yet, but for $5 (compared to $60ish online), it'll be no loss if it's broken. The Epson 1670 I got for $1 two weeks ago was broken, the bulb was blown.

Gonna try out the negative scanner on this one. If I really like it, I'll look into getting the adjustable negative scanner from betterscanning.com

Anyway, I got a few shots from yesterday's cruise night, so when I have the chance (I'm on call all weekend), I'll edit them.

Wish we could get more participation in this thread somehow :/