View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2022, 05:32 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok I managed to turn that pilot air screw a bit and what a diference !
of course that may be because the bike has been in the warm shop all day with the little electric heater on.... but I took off the choke soon as it started and it kept running fine..... that has never happened before !
of course it would not take throttle, but after a minute or so it would sogg but I could get the RPM's up and warm it up faster....
after about 3 minutes it would idle at around 2000RPM and take throttle with no hesitation....
it also sounds smoother like both cylinders are fully running now at idle instead of one cylinder doing all the work and the other one barely helping....
.... but that may well be just because it's warmer ! too... I will turn off the heater or put it real low to keep the pipes from freezing over night and try it in the morning....
that SHOULD tell me if I need to take the carbs off again or not.....
I have a gut feeling I won't have to now.
i had to take off the bracket that holds the back of the water tank and move it up as far as I could and bend the ground cable out of the way then I could barely get my fingers in there... one hand to hold the tiny screw driver up into the hole and the other hand to turn the screwdriver with 2 fingers....
.... i can't believe they did that ! but it is a sweet machine ya take the good with the bad and smile ! LOL
.....and it's running really good now !
Bob....