View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2022, 09:53 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
If this is 1st valves needed to be adjusted, that's very good! On my 2008 race-bike valves needed adjustment @ 15K-miles after 3-seasons of racing. After 3 more seasons and 7K more miles, they look good and won't need adjusting for quite while.

I replaced original front brake-rotor at 12K-miles, it was only 1/2 worn. I upgraded to Galfer 420-stainless rotors. After 5 race seasons and 3 sets of semi-metallic pads, they show ZERO wear, no ridges or grooves anywhere that could be felt or seen. Last year I upgraded brakes again to larger 310mm rotors.

Clutch life... depends upon how smoothly you shift and match RPMs. I slip clutch very little to start and do clutchless shifting up & match revs on downshifts so there's little slippage. On original clutch at 22K-miles. I did upgrade to stiffer Barnett clutch springs in beginning. You might want to try loosing clutch cable slightly to put engagement point in centre of travel.

All service items you're facing can be done at home easy with instructions from service manual. You should at least review procedures to be familiar with what's involved. Also wouldn't hurt to get second opinion for fixing these at another shoppe.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote