Old November 24th, 2022, 04:49 PM   #1183
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithology View Post
Looking real good!

I think for me I'm just not 100 sure what is the focus during a turn- do we always lean the same way? When I'm practicing on the parking lot it's always the same formation and I'm just trying to do it at as high speed as possible and getting as low as I can. I can only presume for a practice that's ok but in real track situations it will vary turn by turn and you won't hit elbow everytime.

Well, the fundamentals of body position stay the same. So we could start by breaking down what good body position is to start with and then discuss how to best keep that body position while transitioning between turns and riding through different corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithology View Post
In regards to transitioning I am very thankful to be able to train with an BSB racer who's teaching me to use the pfs more and, like you said, use the legs and core to stabilize and to relax the upper body completely in the turn.

So you say that using the legs and core to stabilize and relax the upper body completely in a turn. That's good. That is absolutely fundamental in regards to body position - in that you are creating a stable lower body by using the legs to squeeze the tank so that the arms can remain relaxed. Yes. What are some other fundamentals of good body position? for example, why do riders even lean off the bike in the first place?

Misti is offline   Reply With Quote