View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2023, 05:57 PM   #28
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

here is a Pic. of a typical TIG torch offered by the cheepo TIG welders mostly from China I guess......
you'll notice that the Stick welding "stinger" has a plug in for the power on both the ground clamp and the "stinger" that holds the welding rod.... but look at the TIG torch closely there is a rubber covered hose connector for the gas but there is no plug in for the power...... that is what I am on about !
the TIG welder is not going to work without power going to the tungsten!
the torch has the hose connection and the wire connector for the switch but no power connector for the electricity to get to the torch !
....and 99% of all the cheaper TIG welders are like that.... anyone that buys one will find their TIG welder will not work because the tig torch doesn't have a plug in.....
that was my problem

I even took the TIG torch apart and looked for a way to connect the "stinger" wire to the torch..... but there is no way to connect it to the torch it is all sealed up to hold in the Argon gas and no provisions for a wire to get to the collet that holds the tungsten

how can 10 sellers make the same mistake ? simple their all resellers and just buy the same torch not knowing the torch doesn't work with the machine..... so I am looking for one that is knowledgeable about TIG welding that buys the right Torch for the TIG welder.... so far no luck it seems they are all just out for a quick buck and have no idea what they are doing.
unfortunately !!!!
Bob......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIG Torch01.jpg (35.1 KB, 21 views)