View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:32 PM   #136
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackez View Post
I do like short stroke and make it scream but if you keep it high rev it will break the engine too, trust me I know ..my engine broke when I was with 180km/h on the speed dial(engine head was a disaster after that)

I was rev 12k-12.3k before that(just made an oil chance ..authorized kawa dealer) but it was under warranty and was completely restored, new head new cylinder+pistons ..I'd prefer if I have more mid rev power than high because as said as much as I like it, it comes with a price, now I don't go more than 11k most of the times and usually change gears at 8-10k
Kostas, I trust you about that you know, but from the normal calculation the revs should have been already at 13k or above and there it could become critical (what at least happened with your engine).
And a word about more midrange power: Advance your ignition by 5 degrees (please don't ask me about the company, since in my believe the owner has good technical knowledge, but what I think from the human point of view it looks quite different).
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote