View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #1
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Name: Tiago

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Triumph Speed Triple

DirtyPelican Bobber Build

Hello all, Im new to this site but not bikes or riding. Ive been riding for about 8 years. I purchased a 2006 Ninja 250 for cheap since it needs some work. Ive owned 4 bikes, this is my second carbureted bike but the first which Im going to work on. Ive built and tracked sport bikes so I know basic maintenance and can take it apart. I never however tore off a carb and fixed it.
Its nice not having to worry about not having a bike to ride since its in many pieces. My other bike is a Triumph Speed Triple and its a world of difference, but this project bike is something Im thrilled to work on. I welcome any insight, advice, help and comments.

The bike itself starts up but wont hold an idle, but I have a lot more things to tend to before getting there ultimately. Im going to buy and install the Blue Collar Bobbers kit and Im going to do all the work, including paint which Im also new at.

I took off all the plastics yesterday and got rid of all the things not needed (mirrors, turn signals, lights).

Today I hope to drain the tank and pull it off. The gas tank lock is stuck, possibly corroded which I might just drill out and replace with a keyless cap for sake of ease. I need to get a copy made of the key since its not in great shape from trying to open said stuck gas cap. Going change the oil and try to get to the carbs to see what they look like. The bike does need some parts mainly a stock exhaust (going to sell that Muzzy, I have no interest in it) and a centerstand to get everything else off (forks for oil, wheels)
DirtyPelican is offline   Reply With Quote