View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2019, 09:18 AM   #1
Nautilus
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello everyone! I stumbled across this forum and it seems like the best place to look for help.

I have a 2005 Ninja that I unfortunately went down on ....3.5-4 years ago on. Got pulled out in front of, had to swerve to avoid, jumped curb, went down. Fun, I know! I managed to ride it home, but the handlebars were/are about 15 degrees off from the front tire. If the tire is straight, the handlebars are not aligned. I kept it at my apartment for a year and then moved into my friend's house and brought it along. He is a car mechanic, and said he wouldn't mind helping me work on it. Cue two years later, and here it still sits . To compound the issue, I just accepted a job in Pensacola that will start in about a month.

I'm curious as to what my options are as far as getting rid of it. I'm assuming I would get screwed by a salvage place, and parting it would take too long. I don't know if it has any value selling it, would Craigslist be an option perhaps?

I also don't want to sell it and it gets someone hurt. The tires would be at least 5 years old now, and the engine SHOULD run, but the gas tank seems frozen shut. I also know with all the redesigns it isn't a sexy learner bike anymore. Also, the key refused to turn when I tried to open it last night. I have a few pictures I took on Sunday (on lunch right now) just to give an idea of its state (not good ).

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic1.jpg (91.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Pic2.jpg (124.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Pic3.jpg (126.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Pic4.jpg (115.9 KB, 7 views)
Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote