View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2021, 09:16 PM   #1
smdl
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Reassembling Bike Fairing

Hi, folks,

Last fall, I picked up a 2010 250R that had been down (lightly, thank goodness). The previous owner sourced new OEM plastics for it, but never got around to reassembly, and the bike sat for about 5 years. Since purchasing it, I have been through things mechanically, tuned it up (only has 6000kms), and got it running properly. It's a lot of fun to ride naked!

I'm now at the point of reassembling the bodywork, but I'm struggling as I didn't do the disassembly, and have no reference points about how things go together. I have all the original hardware as well as an aftermarket hardware kit, and I found a post that indicated what order to reassemble in. However, I'm hoping that someone can point me to a post or guide (preferably written in crayon, and will LOTS of pictures) that can take me through things one step at a time. What exactly am I struggling with?
  • I have a good set of mirrors, and there are inner and outer parts of the mounting bracket that appear to go on the inside and outside of the fairing. The inner portion then seems to mount to the upper fairing frame. Unfortunately, I don't know what order these are installed in, and what hardware should be used.
  • The inner plastic liner of the upper fairing seems to interlock with the outer upper fairing with lots of tabs and slots, but I'm flying blind when trying to make these come together with the upper fairing frame. It would be great to understand how these interlock, where I should start to fasten things, etc. Is there a good order to go in when mounting the upper fairing?
  • I have the original manual (soft and hard copy), but the exploded diagrams there are not very clear at all. I've tried looking for a parts manual or good diagram, but haven't found anything yet. Hoping someone who can direct me to something a bit more clear. I tried going to the parts diagram links provided in the sticky post for the 250R forum, but these seem to be broken. I'll try spending some time surfing the Kawasaki site to see if I can locate them by exploring.

Anyway, I'll keep at it, but if anyone can point me in the direction of any shortcuts, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Shaun
smdl is offline   Reply With Quote