View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #92
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Well, it took me around two months to drop my current bike. For some reason that I don't remember, I was rushing to dismount and pick something up- I think I forgot something for work or something- anyways, I put down the kickstand but I guess I didn't fully lock it into place, so when I started leaning it over and started to get off without even making sure it was stable, the stand slid right back up and the bike went right down. I held it at knee level for a few seconds before my arms gave and set it down. My indicators (stock at the time) pushed in the fairing and left a pretty annoying crack. I now always give my kickstand another kick before I let it down

I've since lowsided in a mountain (about 1 month after that) and dropped it at a near standstill backing it out of my driveway (about 2 months after that). I'd say my bike has not had an easy life since it met me ^^;

At the very least, I've always dropped it on the same side. I'm slowly checking off my list of n00b mistakes that I haven't made yet. But, uh, I give it lots of love for seeing me through my stupid, clumsiness. I've ridden more than three times the distance as the previous owner in the same amount of ownership time, so my bike finally gets to know what the road looks like from all angles (including being totally parallel with it)! And I get to learn how to repair stuff! And chicks dig scars, right? Wait, that one doesn't really help me.... Err, I'm a fan of the bright side
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote