View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #86
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

picking up the 3 bikes i had at the mechanics soon and then ill drop off the ninjette to get worked on.

i believe to get 37~40 bhp, you will need to do some work on the top end, porting the engine, and have a full exhaust system (possibly pod filters), to improve overall air flow/power.

apparently just using the stock size JE pistons will gain you about 2hp without much modding. but add a good exhaust, port the intake and exhaust, tune the carbs, and you might be getting close to those numbers. however that would cost a lot to do in the states! where as here, the labor costs are not as painful.

ill be getting three dyno runs done again, one before we do any work on it. im quite certain that the power has dropped since i last tuned the bike over a year and a half ago. back then i got 29,8 Bhp peak. (AreaP exhaust, pod filter, BRT CDI, and Sportifi jetkit, being the only power mods i had done)

next step is to get the engine ported, reassembled and carbs retuned, then do another dynorun and check what the gains are, hopefully around 33~34.

last step, bore up. reassemble, retune carbs - set the BRT, etc, and do the last dyno run.

hoping to see 36+Hp when its all done~ ill post the various dyno charts once we get them done.