View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #115
crackez
ninjette.org member

Name: Kostas

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2009 European Model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
unless you have an after market CDI, you cant be switching at 14k.

if im not mistaken, the stock CDI is set to cut off at 13.500 Rpm (thats when you hit the limiter and the bike goes pop~pop~pop~pop~pop.... lol)

however, the stock cdi/speedo give false readings~ which is why you think your up at 14k rpm

i have my programmable cdi set to 14.5 or 15.5k (forgot...) but either way, i never hit the limiter now, since i aim to switch at around 13.5~14k rpm. since at that point the power starts to taper off (visible on the Dyno chart )

So true.. at least for my FI ninja the 13.600 is a limit, I cannot pass that and never did, thats why I was changing gears at about 13.400-13.500. Damn in my town we have bad mechanics and its not only that they charge a fortune. When I had my moped I was able to change piston, head, cylinder myself..but I don't dare to do the same with the ninja. choneofakind we don't have any people to do any engine change..except the exactly same engine :P ..and kawasaki doesn't offer a ninja 400r in my country so finding a engine can be difficult

P.S. I wanted a 400-500cc sport motorcycle but in my country we have ninja 250r and after that 600cc sports bike nothing between, it was way too much to change from a moped 100cc(111.22cc tuned :P) to a 600cc(imagine 8bhp the moped, 120bhp a cbr 600), so the ninja 250r was just about right because there wasn't any other option. In the beginning it forgive my gear change-mistakes(that was Summer 2009 :P). Now in 2011 we have also in Greece honda cbr b250r(which sucks and costs more.. singe piston)

Anyway, although I couldn't do an engine change and don't trust them for changing any inside engine part(bad mechanics or lazy? dunno)..have we have any news about the tunned ninja?
crackez is offline   Reply With Quote