View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #117
crackez
ninjette.org member

Name: Kostas

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2009 European Model)

I don't know if its worth doing that.. I mean 13:1 compression? hmmm, after the "accident" I'm not very convinced that the engine can handle it very well. I mean there is no point of putting bigger piston and run it low and slow :P

Power commander? hmm, eventually if I put a power commander, full exhaust, pistons(~350 euros), filter K&N and 2-3 more stuff we are talking about lot of money. Why don't you sell the ninja 250r put 3-4k and buy a brand new at ~600cc it would cost you about the same and except that it would be stock it would have about 160-180% more power :P

P.S. I don't know about you guys but here a power commander, an exhaust and air filter from K&N are way too expensive and I'm having seconds thought on buying them, I mean if I get 2-3hp for all this its not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
Kostas, what you can do to keep it relatively simple, but still get a nice increase in power would be:

* get the 12.5:1 compression 249cc JE piston (no need to bore up, just plug and play) they also have 13:1 compression piston, but you need to run high octane fuel.

* get a juice box / power commander, and adjust the timing and fuel delivery of your injectors (IF model)

* a good exhaust. if i had to choose any exhaust now, i would get the AreaP racing exhaust:

i would love to get this exhaust, but there are 2 problems for me... no pasanger foot peg, so GF would not be happy, and i already have an AP exhaust and my GF would be doubly not be happy if i spend more money for something that i sort of already have, LOL...

* wide band AF Sensor, so you can tune the bike without having to go to a Dyno.

* Open air filter such as K&N (maybe if removing snorkel is not enough)

hmm... that's about it for starters should keep you busy for a while~
crackez is offline   Reply With Quote