View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #11
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I get what you're saying. I never said you're wrong. I just don't take that calculator to be perfect. It's known to be off for light riders by suggesting high spring rates, so I wouldn't put much confidence in your estimates of spring rate error. The calculator just gives suggestions, that's all I'm saying. A mathematical model is only good for a defined range. Using that model at the extremes (like your example of 31 pounds) does not yield an accurate answer.

So yes, spend the money to get close and decide what's worth it to you in terms of how close you're getting vs if the savings are worth the soft springs.

I'm not sure why you're reacting like I'm pushing these on a heavy rider, because I'm not pushing them. All I've said in this thread was that the calculator wasn't perfect for light riders after you used it for the extreme case of lightness to make your point. I was showing you a flaw in your argument. I, however, was wrong about prices because they've changed significantly since I last researched the subject.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote