View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Ninjamomma
ninjette.org member

Name: Suzanne

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
It seems that you are a "natural" for riding and reflexes; you will gain experience in a safe manner.

At 60 mph, that big bird would have cleanly knocked you off your bike.
So I've been told. A friend of mine says I'm one with the universe or nature (something like that) as I seem to be able to catch anything that falls in my peripheral vision (like out of a cabinet or anything that drops un-expectedly). Thankful for those reflexes!!!

I had stated in the buzzard escape, that there was another bizarre escape:

I was going 60mph again down a busy FM road with no shoulder and saw a old man on a bicycle (very wobbly) about 1/4 mile in front. I thought, "This guy is insane for riding his bike on this high traffic road." I slowed to about 50mph to pick a good spot to go around safely with a big truck behind me and on coming traffic. I get within 30 yards of him and he puts out his left hand to signal a left turn (in front of me). He didn't even look behind him to see if it was clear.

Again, the split second scenarios's
1. Slamming on my brakes (No, the truck behind me is too close)
2. Going around (No, on-coming traffic and don't know when he will make his move to turn and the shoulder is gravel and trees)
3. Speed up to get next to him before he is in the middle of the road, honk my horn and move him over.

Door #3 - again - was the choice. I think I scared him half to death as he veered quickly off the road to the right. I think I saved his life more than mine as this scenario would definitely caused an accident. Hopefully, he will think twice before riding his bike on such a busy hwy - But I don't know, he didn't look to have all his marbles.
Ninjamomma is offline   Reply With Quote