View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #25
Alien Vehicles
ninjette.org member

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250, Harley FXRS, SuperGeek

You are amazing, my friend! Congrats on blowing it away at the Challenge. Looking forward to comparing notes and stepping up to an awesome challenge that you have laid down!! Be safe :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenaero View Post
I got home Saturday afternoon after the long trek back from Ohio. ALan and went to Michigan to visit the Ford Museum and Greenfield for a couple of days.

The Vetter Challenge had 12 riders including 3 electric motos, 3 streamliners , and 2 partially streamlined motos. Beating the electric bikes is tough since the Vetter Challenge is won by the lowest cents/mile rather than miles/gallon. After lots of rain we had a perfect day for riding on our 94 mile course ( Bellview to Wooster to Loudonville to Mid-Ohio to Bellview). It was a wonderful ride and I was optimistic about another good performance. After topping off the tank I found I had used only 0.4 gallons of gasoline to go the 94 miles for a result of 235 mpg! I was astounded. I know I rode well, maximizing every opportunity to go far as I could with least amount of fuel consumed but I suspect some other factors may have played a role ( heated fuel expansion, topping off error). Still all in all, a great run. After the electric motos calculated their usage I was determined the overall winner at 0.97 cents/mile.

Other highlights were getting to meet @snot and Jason and visit with them at the Vintage Days .I also hoped to meet the legendary motorcycle whisperer @csmith12 but I failed to make the connection. We also got to be part of a panel of seminar presenters about the Vetter Challenge, motorcycle fuel economy and aerodynamic streamlining.
I had a great time and am already forward to next year
all the best, GA
Alien Vehicles is offline   Reply With Quote