View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM   #5
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Yes 11 to 1 is optimal mixture for racing.I will get there.But Like I said conservative and methodical is the KEY. If I try to run perfect mixture I am making the margin of error even smaller. I run down the track at 10.8 and when I spray the mixture went to 8.2 then rose to 9.6. Boss Noss is very consistent that way. I made enough power to over come the clutch. Adding a little timing heated things up enough to melt a piston. Even running that rich I still went to hot. Methanol will run cooler and higher octane fuel will all help . But like I said I am still in the trial and error part of this . Any error means 300 dollars worth of pistons . Maybe 200 worth of valves and a 200 dollar clutch that I turned black in one pass . I learned a LOT this year and will progress some next year. Then discover the next hurdle . That is the fun of it.

I have no knock control. But the thing to remember I am turning 14500 RPM with a 62 mm bore. Tiny fast moving pistons with a good combustion chamber will be some what less prone to detonation. Having an adjustable ignition system is a must.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote