View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #15
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

I know, another pasta recipe...but this one's really good, I promise!

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken

4 chicken breasts, flattened to roughly 1/2 in. thick with meat pounding hammer

pinch of salt

2 eggs, beaten in a bowl

1 cup bread crumbs (crushed crackers will work also)

1 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

2 cups mozzarella cheese (I use shredded)

1/4 cup olive oil

Mix breadcrumbs,1/2 of the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt in a pie plate (or a medium bowl). Coat chicken in egg, then crumb mixture. On medium heat, fry in olive oil until golden brown(approx. 5-7 minutes per side).

Sauce

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 large can(28 oz.) tomato sauce (or 2 smaller ones)

1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

pinch of red pepper flakes (approx. 1/4 teaspoon)

pinch of sugar (optional)

I use the same pan (with the oil) for the sauce that I fried the chicken in. On medium heat, add the garlic. Saute for approx 1 minute, then add the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, if desired, and Italian seasoning. Simmer on medium low for 10-12 minutes.

Now from here, You can either slice the chicken into bite size pieces and add it, along with the mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese, directly to the sauce to serve with spaghetti. (1 pound)

Or you can leave it whole and bake it at 400 degrees in a 9 x 13 cake pan with approx. half the sauce , topped with the mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve each chicken breast on a large bread roll or bun of your choosing (I use a loaf of french bread split and cut into 4 pieces), with the remaining sauce for dipping.

Last futzed with by jokesonyou24; November 30th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
jokesonyou24 is offline   Reply With Quote