View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #27
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

Hey guys, thanks for all the awesome replies, I'll be trying alot of them...Here's one more recipe before this thread probably dies (maybe not)

This one's from my hometown, and a few of you probably know (and love) it:

Seattle Cream Cheese Dogs

1 package hot dogs (I use ballpark beef)

1 package hot dog buns

1 package cream cheese,warmed (I use Philadelphia)

1 Walla Walla onion, diced (these have the best flavor)

1 bottle brown deli mustard (I use Beer N' Brat by Silver Spring)

Butter or margarine

Butterfly and grill hot dogs, while sauteing onions until tender. Toast the buns face down, then spread cream cheese fairly thick on both sides. Add the hot dogs, split side up and open. Top generously with onions, and drizzle with mustard.

These are awesome, and if you're in the Seattle area, the best place to get them is the stand outside The Comet up on Capitol Hill. they're $5 but they use 1/4 lbs dogs, so it's worth it.

As an alternative, if you want them a little hotter, prepare as directed above, substituting jalapenos for the onions, and Frank's Red Hot wing sauce for the deli mustard.

Enjoy, and I will continue to post recipes as long as there is interest in this thread

Last futzed with by jokesonyou24; November 30th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
jokesonyou24 is offline   Reply With Quote