View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:29 AM   #37
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Smack your momma while lickin your fingers chicken an dumplins

Boil it hard, an drop by an stir it an show it some love, I mostly just cook soul food, so my recipes don't fit in everyone's schedules, but if ya got the time you'll be rewarded!

As many whole chickens as you wanna eat( yes whole chickens, it tastes better. But you can use good chicken broth and whatever chicken you got) cover with water with some extra for boiling room

Garlic, salt, pepper to taste

Bring to a boil ( I usually boil hard for a few hours, oh I cook this from breakfast to supper time, but if you not into flavor you can quick cook it)

when your chicken gets fall off the bone tender (for me this is usually 3 hours, but I cook from daylight till dawn on soul food day)

Pull out chickens an remove bones, put em back in your pot an get ready to make some dumplins

Get your favorite all purpose flour ( fancy straight from the mill for me )

pour the amount of dumplins you like into a non sticky bowl, add chicken stock till ya get a doughy consistency ( sometimes ill throw in a egg or two, but usually not)

powder your dough table and roll out and cut dumplins

Drop dumplins in boiling pot of chicken an stock

Cook till your dumplins are done

If its not good, your taste or your cooker is off

I will put my chicken an dumplins up against anyone's recipe... blue ribbons was all it took to retire it from the cookin competition... Deer stew anyone???