Old November 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM   #40
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I have never been able to make "from scratch" dumplins very well. I under cook them alot too. I took a chance one time and used Pillsbury biscuits. It turned out decent enough. How do you know the dumplins are done? I tried poking a toothpick to see if it came out clean (it did) and they still were somewhat dougy.
The dumplins never really get undoughy... They go from pasty to doughy then they are done... If it looks like rubber or kinda chewin gum like it ain't done, if it looks like the pilsbury guy in the pot they are done. Scratch made dumplins give it the gravy feel an taste. If ya use anything but fresh throw a bit of flour in the pot to give it the right feel... It ain't chicken stew

I have a fancy metal net lookin thingy to pull the chicken an bones out, the bones make the broth!!!

When I make it up to the track ill bring cookin gear an show ya how to throw down dumplins!!!

I never get in a rush on soul food day, and I rarely make the lightning fast chicken an dumplins, which is a recipe I'd give if it was near as good as this one. Maybe in the trackside chef thread