View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #25
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
so yea that second link claims 10.5 hp over the stock system. thats with $575 full racing exhaust,, $85 custom jet kit, and a few other mods. i wasnt sure of the exact hp gain for my claim earlier but apparently i was pretty close. you can spend $500+ on a two brothers noisemaker (cuz thats all any slip on really is) or you can spend a little more and get some serious performance enhancement... 33% increase over stock is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

if all you want is to be heard go with the growler and save ur money for other mods
Hmmm, never realized it but that statement of 10.5 hp is a bit misleading. That measurement is from a certain rpm, specifically 12250 rpm where the race exhaust generates its peak hp at 31 and a stock is falling at 21 hp. However, the stock exhaust generates its peak hp at 11k usually around 26-28 hp. After 12k, the stock exhaust starts dropping off.

It's unfair to measure at a certain rpm only especially where peak hp's are different. A better measurement is comparing peak hp's. I also doubt most people spend much time from 12-13k where hp trails off for the stock exhaust.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote