View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #39
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Honestly I strongly believe it will save my life in the future. It's better than someone not hearing you as you zip down the road. People will recognize the sound of a motorcycle when they look for me as they see it, it's definitely far better than them not hearing anything and relying on visuals only.

Do you ever search for ambulances or cops as you're driving so you can get out of the way? No, you first hear them. I may not be as loud as a siren but the slip on I just put on my bike is bound to save my life countless times down the road, and I'm strong believing that.
It doesn't matter how strongly you believe it. Riders with many more years under their belt all eventually realize its a false belief. You'll get there as well. All newbies put obnoxiously loud exhausts on their first streetbike. May as well hang a rabbits foot on your keychain for an equivalent amount of safety gained. Of course a rabbits foot doesn't annoy your neighbors and lead to those pesky anti-motorcycling laws quite as quickly.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.