View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #1
FsckCommies
Total Noob

Name: Dallin

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R

Erratic Idle, Been trying to fix for the last two weeks.

Hello,

I am very very new to motorcycles. Just some background, I used to work on cars with my step-dad a lot so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. Just don't want to tear my bike apart if I don't have to.

I have an issue with my idle, It idles too high so I adjust the screw, then it either idles just right and...
A) Dies when I give it throttle
B) Take forever to return to Idle
C) Doesn't return to Idle at all so I adjust the screw then either A or B occur.

I checked the boots for cracks or obvious issues, Did not find any. I don't have any starter spray or propane to test for leaks with but there are no obvious vacuum leaks. I am linking a video to this post to show the issue.

Yesterday I added half a can of Seafoam to the gas and it seemed to help a little bit, It does't just die at idle by itself anymore, It only dies when given gas. Sometimes...as explained above. The other thing I noticed is half the time the throttle does not respond normally, It lags until I roll on more then it shoots up in RPMs. Doesn't happen while riding so much as when its sitting still. The bike was ridden all day today so it was warm when I performed the video. Today in particular It was idling at 3K. The other day, before the seafoam, I would have to roll on the throttle just a little every 5-10 seconds to keep it alive at stop lights/signs.

Please check out the video, if anyone has any tips for me, possible issues to look into, please explain exactly how I would go about performing these tests as, like I said, I'm very new to motorcycles.

Video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=6UfL2uHR...ature=youtu.be

Thank you all in advance, I've heard great things about this forum.
FsckCommies is offline   Reply With Quote