View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2015, 12:12 PM   #1
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
My "EX250 Wannabe" EX500

As my user title states, I've been cramming 250 parts into my 500 for a while. It started with the mirrors, which are a direct bolt-on and provide much better visibility. I've been playing with a NewGen throttle tube to shorten the throw. I bought a set of the VRossi wheels, and decided to swap in the swingarm along with it (as the stocker would require some minor modding anyway, and there are some improvements in the NewGen's design too). I've got the EX300 chainguard/hugger stuck on that.

This is one of the pics from the dealer's ad when I bought it (complete with mismatched tank).

Here's an older pic of the bike, before the new wheels.

Here's my latest decent pic of her, with the new wheels and exhaust.

I strive for my mods to be tasteful and professional-looking, so that someone could easily think it came that way from the factory. I really like how I've made my bike unique, but I think I managed to keep it "OEM-level" at the same time.

Here's to the ugly '90s-style big brother of the Ninjette family!

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.