View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:09 PM   #5
randycastell
ninjette.org member

Name: randy

Motorcycle(s): '74 Honda CB450K, '87 Ducati Paso750, '17 Kawasaki EX300

Greetings everyone and thank you for the bandwidth.

For the record my EX300 retains the stock exhaust and stock air filter and no engine mods, only the Powerbooster. Easy install BTW: I removed the seats, trim pieces below the seat and lower cowl pieces only. I removed the bolts and screws that hold the middle fairing to the frame, to the tank trim pieces and to the tank. I removed the tank retaining bolts and the bolts retaining the frame brace at that location. This procedure allowed me to lift the rear of the tank and gain access to the existing air temp sensor and plug without removing the inner fairing and middle fairings.

Upon riding afterwards, I find the product does what it ascribes to do: make a good bike ride and behave even better. If you read the documentation carefully, you'll understand the plug purports to enrich low throttle conditions with 6% more fuel so the throttle whilst at low speed, low rpm is less snatchy. The designer claims it may make upshifting smoother, and letting off the throttle less abrupt as well. Again with that little bit richer mix kicking in and making fueling a little more fluid no pun intended. It does all of this nicely and there are no more little pops that would occasionally occur on decel. And from a standstill, the acceleration is a tad brisker. Kudos!

Very fine resolution to EFI's inherent rough spots due to lean mixture and excellent finesse of a wonderful engine. IMHO, It adds a ton of function for a wee bit of money. Great value.

Good read: the booklet that's included on EFI.

Thank you all again for you time and attention. :-)
randycastell is offline   Reply With Quote