View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #8
Rogue
Hooligan

Name: Robin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Lori View Post
Me, too! I'm an instructor at DMACC, and I wanted to take the NINJA to the last class of the year, which was Oct 31-11/2. Remember how cold it got?? That's the coldest class I've ever taught and I had absolutely NO desire to strip off any layers all day Saturday. The only real problem I had is that the wind hits me right in the chest, and even through all those layers, I could still feel it. Oh, and the helmet I bought to go with it doesn't have the extra anti-fog piece that my Nolan has so it kept steaming up pretty bad. Since then I've stuck with my Honda with its full windshield when it's that cold. For me, the lowest threshold for the NINJA is about 45, sunny, no wind.
Another female sportbike rider in DSM!!! I'll maybe, finally have another girl to ride with!

Yes, I remember that cold snap. It was brutal. I'm with you, 45 and sunny is about my threshold. I went riding on one of those 45 degree drizzling days in November and just about froze my backside off. I have found that switching out the stock windscreen for a double bubble helped a bunch. Now it's just my hands that get really cold. One of my winter projects is installing heated grips.

Qui patiens est, teres. Teres est, ieiunare. | Twitter: @Rogue_300
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote