Thread: Track School
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2019, 02:10 PM   #14
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Not sure what your question is, whether or not to do the school or to ride a 750 or the 1000. I'm a coach with the California Superbike School so my suggestion would be to take a riding school (you were mentioning Team Hammer) and ride whatever you are most comfortable on. Then, the purpose shouldn't be to just RIDE fast but to ride well and improve. Speed will come with good technique not the other way round. I often have people ask me how to go fast and I say, do the drills, be a good student, work on improving your riding in a steady controlled manner and your speed will ramp up as well.

I'll echo this; but if you don't have a bike preference here's a comment I made recently:

For years I've encouraged people trying to get better at the track to do two things: 1. invest in training and 2. move down in bike -- you can cover up a lot of errors and weaknesses, including from yourself, with a superbike that you couldn't on a 250.

I'm actually thinking of taking my 250 or 300 along with my 1000s for my pre-CodeRACE Superbike schools for this very reason.