Thread: Track School
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:18 PM   #22
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Streets is such a FUN track and such a great learning track. I love coaching there with CSS because we get so much time to watch the students, it's a smaller track with such a variety of corners to practice the riding skills. A little bit of everything there!

And love how you were ripping around everyone on the smaller bike. I love doing that too, hahahahah. So much fun to play on the small bikes!
There are 2 great things about Streets on top of being technical for school - 1. the short length has more advantages than you think; if you need to focus on a corner you see it more often, your coach spends less time 'waiting for you to come around', and your coach can usually follow and lead the same corner more than once so you can catch things you might miss. 2. There are a few pull offs -- while it hasn't happened much for me, every so often a coach pulls you in to talk and that can be hyper valuable when appropriate.