View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2020, 08:26 PM   #15
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
Eventually they will get caught it's not a guaranteed job security for them. Thieves are short lived, I used to live in the East Bay in Norcal and my car and tools were stolen from me in a garage-gated complex with cameras in both entry and exit points. Other peoples cars were broken into as well and it went on for many years. I had a suspicion that our maintenance man in the complex were letting people in because every-time the cops were called he was always around the area sweeping. Long story short the same guy got caught giving his access card to thieves a block away from my complex.
Me and a few more people who had bikes stolen (up to 8 in one week! and that's just people posting about it online) and we already have some leads on the mfers.

I hate Ring doorbell's commodification of your home security but dang if they aren't helpful when a neighbor has one pointed at your bike.

Came here to commiserate but so far I've gotten the stellar advice of, "If you don't want your motorcycle to be stolen, get rid of it" but thanks to all those who did understand this as a vent thread.