Old September 6th, 2018, 06:51 AM   #15
NinjaError
ninjette.org member

Name: BP

Motorcycle(s): 2002 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Good call!

We bought a perfect Ninja 250 for that type of thing for $150 - and it ran! No fairings, but pretty much everything else was there and worked. Looked bad, but hey, $150 bux...

Got it from a member here from Midlothian, IL.

I lived in Mt. Prospect, IL, for 20 years and worked in the city for part of it.

One other suggestion - if you haven't already, find a MSF Basic Rider Course in your area. There are too many things you need to know to learn by yourself, especially in the Chicago area. Also search Craigslist for quality used gear. I've picked-up a ton of good gear for cheap over the years. I've been on the street for over 40 years, and always wear all of it all the time.
Hey thanks very much for the info. You know what’s crazy, I just recently bought my bike and it was from a guy that lived in Mt Prospect 😀. And my wife is in the Navy here, She helped me sign up for the MSF basic 2 day course on the base. Luckily they offer free classes so that was a pretty good deal. Scheduled for the 17th and 18th of this month then I’ll be legal.

Oh and also yes craigslist is where I found this 250. There are so many cheap bikes up here idk if it’s just because we’re by one of the biggest cities or if it’s just getting that time of the year and people are practically giving there bikes away for a little bit of cash but finding a ugly lil cheap 250 shouldn’t be to hard.
NinjaError is offline   Reply With Quote