View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #17
exploring/carolina
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

The Thermo-Bob is working fine in my Ninja, too.
Have operated in 80F temps so far, without any issues. Don't think there will be any issues operating in 100F temps, either.

Since the 195F Thermo-Bob is on the hot/inlet side of the radiator and the fan switch is on the cooler side of the radiator, the fan switch does not see higher 201F temps to turn the fan on or off @ 194F during normal operation, since the fan switch is located where the coolant has been cooled by the radiator "after" passing through the Thermo-Bob unit.

The only way I can get the fan to turn on with the Thermo-Bob installed is by sitting for extended periods with the engine running as shown with the temp indication photos earlier in this thread.

Have been operating in the 40s this winter and the Ninja warms up quickly and the temp gauge stays one needle width warmer than it did without the Thermo-Bob.

Really like the YouTube videos about the Ninja 250 Thermo-Bob & fuel injection system installations by greg737. Nice job!

Additonal Thermo-Bob installation information,

Cut the Thermo-Bob By-Pass hose to 10 1/4" long. Had to install & clamp the bypass hose to the Thermo-Bob before installing the Thermo-Bob because it's too tight to get to once the Thermo-Bob is installed.

There is 1/16" clearance on both ends between the 3/4" Tee at the lower radiator port and lower coolant pipe. Cut the 90 degree hose in the center of the 90 degree bend and cut 3/8" off the end of each hose where previously clamped. If one side of the hose is cut short, use the short side on the lower radiator port connecting the straight hose ends of both hoses to the radiator port and lower coolant pipe first. The only way I could get the Tee between the hoses was to lubricate the lower coolant pipe, slide the coolant pipe hose down far enough to allow the Tee to fit between the hoses, sliding the lower hose up on the Tee last. Shame on you if you forget to have the clamps on before slipping the hoses on both ends of the Tee.

Bent the temp gauge sending unit electrical blade connection down 90 degrees with my finger to clear the Thermo-Bob.

Last futzed with by exploring/carolina; November 21st, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
exploring/carolina is offline   Reply With Quote