View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #46
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

Now that the bolt is out and you have found the correct tool, fix that hex head with a file as perfectly as you can, lubricate both o-rings well,torque the bolt as recommended and add some safety wire if you want to be extra careful.

Don't half-ass anything: ride away and order a new bolt for the next change, when you won't have any problem to destroy the current one if needed (I bet you will not need doing so).

Be more gentle in the future, Justin, your bike is a sophisticated lady and a noble machine.
New bolt already ordered. 32freakin dollars. Wont be here for a couple days so no bike until then. new helmet and gear will be coming tomorrow morning too . I tried to be gentle, trust me..i spent 3+hours trying everything i could to get it off lol. I used 3 different tools on the socket wrench for more leverage, i had someone stand in front of the bike so it wouldnt move forward while i tried to get it off. It just needed some brute strength.
I explained my situation to the guy on the phone and he laughed and said yeah its happend a few times on 250's that people have brought in. the bolt is off, oil is drained, new filter is ready to go and now i just have to wait for the filter bolt to come in. I dunno if i can make it.

Should also mention the whole process was well over 3 and a half hours. Worked all through the night to get that damn thing off lol. Now its prepped and ready for the new filter/oil then ready to ride again. Wilsons was going to charge me 180dollars (after a 50$ discount) so fck that, no oil change is worth 180dollars.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote