View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2015, 12:23 AM   #6
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXecuterXx2 View Post
Thanks!, any other info?
Contact @ducatiman he's well know for his custom carburetor services over @ EX500.com and I've know him and his work for several years now, I personally vouch for him.

He offers everything from parts at very affordable prices, to full customization.

SIDENOTE: cleaning, and tuning carburetors is a skill, as well as an art, something you can't learn from a quick YouTube video. I've been working on the from over 30 years, along with other parts of engines, transmissions, etc.... Trust me on this.

My 2¢ on the subject,

Beyond common problems...... comprehensive carb cleaning is not for everyone, there is much to go wrong in short order. We've seen many members endlessly chase their tails, break stuff, assemble and adjust stuff wrong.*

With some of the fleet becoming old, the vast majority require much more than "cleaning". The potential for leakage must be addressed, any less attention is irresponsible, and yes, this may even require thowing money and parts at them (gasp). Consumables...carb innards are not forever items. * **

And certainly there is MORE... much more....to it than simply addressing the pilot jets while they are out and on the bench. **

Please...you're screwing around with FUEL...if not absolutely sure of what you're doing...send them to someone who is.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote