View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:43 PM   #26
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I guess you need to ask yourself what the Triumph has that the SV doesn't. Do you want more power, better brakes, better handling, a different look? The Triumph has all those.

I've ridden 675 Daytona, and the engine was certainly the star of the show, but for me it's not really what I need. My SV has enough power, decent brakes, and stable/predictable handling. With some upgrades (tires, suspension, minor performance mods) the SV is a pretty strong all-around street bike.

There's no right or wrong answer. I'm sure you would like the Triumph, especially if you have had your heart set on one for a while.

I could afford a used Street Triple if i found one, but for me the SV does everything I need pretty well - so I'm not looking.
Don't need more power but the little extra hp in the top end could be fun. Honest ly the SV is a pretty good bike. The brakes and suspension are fine for most riders who only ride street.

There are just so many bikes that I want to ride and own but can't have a garage full of bikes right now. And I have always liked these Triumphs since I started riding. And I've finally found a nice one for a price I'm willing to pay.

With that said, I still need to test ride before I make a decision. It could be worse than the SV for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
You can get a used 06+ FZ1 for cheap now too. I cross shop that with the street triple and s1000r but I may be weird.
Mmmmm. Not a big fan of the FZ1's. I'm sure they are great street bikes but they don't do it for me in the looks department. And I don't need a liter bike at this time.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote