View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #40
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcadoo View Post
Traveling south on I-15 in Temecula. It is around 8pm so traffic has lightened up and it is dark. I am in my Scion xB in the far right lane with my cruise control set at 55MPH. Yes it is slow, but this is how I always drive on freeways, cruise set at 55. I average 48MPG by doing this compared to the EPA HWY 34MPG.

Anyway, a barrage of single-headlight vehicles approach rapidly in my rear-view. I count about 5-7 bikes. And they are riding my tail. They stay behind me for a good minute and a half, even though the three lanes to our left were wide open.
So eventually, one of the bikes in the back of the pack gun it past and cut in front of me. It was a black Honda CBR 1000RR ridden by a male with a leather vest signifying his belonging to a bike gang.

He gets in the right part of the lane and rapidly slows to around 30MPH. He doesn't brake, just downshifts rapidly. I brake hard nearly taking out the rest of the gang behind me. Plus, the Prius behind them almost sandwiched the entire gang.

Luckily though, the rest of the sport bikes gun it around me and speed off.

This, in short, is the reason why bikers have such a bad reputation on the road. They do stupid ish like this and cause incredible amounts of havoc and frustration. It's understandable if I did something 'cager-like', but the acts of what occurred were completely uncalled for.

Please don't be a douche on your bikes guys, it isn't right. You make it worse for all the other bikers who want to actually be SAFE around cagers.
Why didnt you just move over one lane without slowing down? you said they were open. I wouldnt of slowed down behind that A-hole....
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote