View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #10
bsigmund90
ninjette.org newbie

Name: bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r - Black

Updates:

just clocked 550 and with the way October's been I'm hoping to go till the end of the month. Have had the thing for about 10 weeks now or so.

- almost died once:
totally my fault - I took a right hander too fast before i was comfortable leaning hard. (this was before i took the MSF course - shouldn't have been riding so spiritedly yet) so i tapped the brakes stupidly - rear slid out a tad - almost high-sided, fortunately i wasn't leaned far enough over that that would have occurred - got upright and back in traction but was about 12 inches a way from going head to head with a mini-van at about 60mph. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

- almost got hit low-speed once:
typical mom talking to the kids in the backseat of her van, looked right at me but still went to make a left while i was making a left - i had no stop turning off the main street, she had a stop turning on to it. had both signals on and she knew she screwed up as soon as she did it. gave her a nasty glare but that was that...

but other than that, it's been relatively smooth sailing. starting to get more comfortable leaning into turns, getting better with low speed maneuvering. taken some nice weekend rides all over the Shenango Valley.

worst thing for me for the bike has been it's general anger to not warm up whatsoever and to die revving off-idle. i have to be riding for at least an hour before i can come off idle with out having to blip over the rough first 3k or choke the crap out of the engine to get it to idle higher. I'm guessing that I'm running too lean and my jets are clogged/gummed up (i bet the dealer never cleaned them after they built the bike). I'm assuming i should run some sea-foam and it should get noticeably less temperamental?
bsigmund90 is offline   Reply With Quote